Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Blame Game                                                                                   

                                                                                      

I know it's been a few months since I contributed to the blog but after 5 weeks of our Tuesday group ride getting rained out I thought this would be a better idea than fashioning a hangmans noose.

First things first, Peanut laying blame on the Big Pit for entering the Weeping Willow MTB race.  I guess when you dehydrate and do an endo on your warmup in addition to losing a quart of blood and a pound of flesh in the actual race it's always a good idea to blame someone.  When these things happen to me I always blame Senor Jorge , our resident Mexican national MTB Champion.  It's worked for me for years. Jorge is also the originator of MTB orienteering, you haven't experienced mountain biking until you're lost in the woods at night without lights in the pouring rain and Jorge is nowhere in sight.  All you have to do is find your way out before the mosquitos consume half of your blood.   So I guess what I'm saying is Jorge talked all of us into our first MTB race in 25 years, thank you Jorge!

I don't know about you but I was on the floor reading Peanuts blog about the Hobo stick.  I find it interesting how the little things that happen to us when we are young manefest into much larger things as we age.  Peanuts Hobo stick is one such thing.

This is Peanuts Hobo stick at age 5.....

and this is Peanuts Hobo Stick at the X-Nationals 2012....

BTW can anyone spot Tom aka The Mad Scientist in the above picture?

When we first decided to go to the X Nationals Peanut kept telling us to bring two of everything 'cause you never know what to expect.  Boy was she right, years of experience will do that for you.  We just didn't realize that she meant two of every friggin' thing that you own.  And by the way don't forget where you left the keys when you have a Hobo stick that large.

I know it seems like I've been taking a lot of shots at Peanut but truth be told the Flea and I have endured,  I mean,  benefited immensely from Peanuts wisdom born from her years of cross racing.  Racing  every weekend with people who share a common love of their sport has been an immeasurably rewarding experience.  So anyone out there who is contemplating cyclocross get off the fence and come check it out at Peanuts Cross Clinic at the end of this summer. You just may be glad you did.

                                                         Thanks for listening
                                                              "The Big Pit"