Friday, July 6, 2012

TAKING A TIME OUT TO SAY ... "THANKS"

It's hard to believe that on July 16, 2012, Blue Steel Cyclery, will be 2 years old... and in looking back over the past 2 years all I can say is... WOW... It's been a blast!!


As with any small business... A bicycle shop has several layers, very similar to an onion.











My Crew... I love my Crew!!!!  :)


The center or the core of onion is the shops' crew... which is made up of the mechanics, sales guys and our part time folks.  Without a good crew... the core would rot and the onion would simply die.  I have an AWESOME CREW!!!  So...  that's the 1st of  3, "thank you's", I wanted  to say.

Without my crew... well... it would be a pretty hollow onion.  That's a damned sad thought!!!  So... my heart goes out to my Crew... they are truly the core of the shop!!!

The next layer of the bike shop onion would be the Vendors we work with.  These are my business partners and in many cases (for sure in mine), they have become my friends and confidants...   




















Without a doubt.... I absolutely TRUST each and every Rep I am working with.  Any Rep I didn't trust... I have asked them not to come back to the shop... in other words... they were fired.

The Reps we work with, want Blue Steel Cyclery to be successful and they want our customers to be satisfied with their products.  

So... my 2nd "thank you", goes out to the Vendors and the Reps I work with.  Their jobs aren't the easiest.... they work long hours and spend lots of miles behind the windshield... So... Thank you for your support over the past 2 years, I really appreciate all that you've done to help us be successful.

Finally... the most important layer of all... THE CUSTOMERS.  Without you guys... well, the core would die, the Vendors would cease to exist... the shop... well, BLUE STEEL CYCLERY wouldn't be able to be a bike shop.

All of us... the Crew, the Vendors... but especially me.... PEANUT... me... KATHY SARVARY... 

I want to say from the bottom of my heart...

THANK YOU....

Thank you for coming to the shop to buy your inner tubes....
Thank you for coming to the shop to get your bikes tuned up...
Thank you for coming to the shop to buy your Gu...
Thank you for coming to the shop to buy your bikes...
Thank you for coming to the shop to just say "hi"....
Thank you for coming to the shop and bringing beer to the guys at Christmas...
Thank you for coming to the shop and kicking me in the ass when we screw things up... rather then never coming back again...
Thank you for coming to the shop and giving us a second chance after we've already been given a second chance...
Thank you for coming to the shop for Fathers' Day gifts...
Thank you for coming to the shop for Mothers' Day gifts...
Thank you for coming to the shop to buy gift cards...
Thank you for coming to the shop for birthday gifts...
Thank you for coming to the shop to just share a joke...
Thank you for coming to the shop to bust my chops because you beat me on Strava... 
Thank you for coming to the shop to just get air in your tire and then you're surprised when we say it's "free"
Thank you... for.... everything....

I could thank you for a million things, but I think you get the point.  I am so grateful.

We want to be your shop... I will continue to work hard to earn your business.  Hopefully, you will let us continue to work towards earning it... if we falter... and we will from time to time....All I ask, is don't quietly walk away without a sound...Please let me know what we did wrong... so I can at least fix it...    

In celebration of our 2 year anniversary.. we are having the biggest sale of the year, which will be starting  July 14 - July  22.   The cool thing is... This is Trek's Summer Sale... and there are some great sales on Trek Road bikes as well as lots of other slick Trek stash...














BUT... in addition to Treks... we're putting LOTS and LOTS of EXTRA stuff in the shop on sale as a thank you... turning this into the biggest sale of the year for Blue Steel Cyclery... so... if you are looking for a great deal on anything cycling related... this is the time to drop by the shop. 

But... quantites are limited and the best deals will go fast, so word to the wise...If you're looking for a hot deal...

















If you're the Squirrel... and you want the nut badly enough... I say...just show up with a machine gun!!! 

Since I'm going to be as busy as a one armed paper hanger for the up coming week, this blog will be out there for the next 2 weeks...

Talk to you in 2 weeks.



















Have fun out there, Ride Safe

I'll Talk with you all soon

The Peanut Gallery