Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 1 on the road... Racing to Louisville KY

So....



I don't want to start off the week by complaining. 


But I gotta say... If you plan on following Big Pit on a trip... here's what your are going to see













 

Yup... That's right.  If you squint really hard, you will see a tiny dot way out there.... that's Big Pit and Flea... rocketing down the highway, at the speed of sound!!! 

Now Tom and I are weren't exactly dogging it...  the van can do 75mph before the vibration gets out of hand....

So...

I don't want to knock my van.  It gets the job done.  But come on... It's... a 2002 Ford, with over 100k miles on it.  The doors howl when you open them, the motor coughs when you stomp on the gas, the turning radius is for crap... not to mention... it failed to start 3 times when we were in Madison 3 weeks ago... 




 



In short:   It's kinda like driving a empty box of animal crackers with 4 wheels.











So... When Mr Pig Pit Mario Andretti and the Flea decide it's time to burn a bit of carbon off the ole spark plugs... well... let me tell you!!!!  The Peanut is stomping on the gas pedal in the old  Blue Steel Van  swearing a blue streak... hoping like hell the van doesn't kick the bucket and roll over and die before we make it to Louisville!  

I could have swore we were going to start racing when we got to Louisville... not race all the way there!


But than again... we are racers... it's in our blood. I wish like hell the van could go faster!!  Guess I just need a new van.

Peanut out.