Monday, January 2, 2012

Erie PA, Morning of Day 2

After spending 45 minutes trying to load up 3 pics and stick a few words next to them, I realized something... I'm not smart enough to add photos and try to write at the same time.  Other folks are way smarter at this stuff than I am, but since I'm a blogger newbee... here's the go forward deal.   When I have pictures... and there will be pictures, I'm just going to drop them in with a quick caption.  Then when I have a bit more time, I'll come back and add another entry to update you on what's going on.

We started with sun and dry roads and ended in dangerously high wind gusts and the snow was just beginning to fall.  There is about 2 inches on the road and we will have to deal with up to 40 mph wind gust for the balance of the drive into Madison.... which is about another 8- 10 hours.

There was much discussion on our departure date and I have to say, I am relieved to already have 1/2 the trip under our belts, considering the weather we are dealing with.

We are rolling in about 15 minutes... so I have to sign off.  But will add more later tonight.

Kath